Angela is the Coach for Academy Bronze and Academy Silver with Swansea Aquatics. She has coached with the club for 10 years. Angela is also a swimming teacher with the Aqua School at Wales National Pool, delivering lessons in accordance with the ‘National Plan For Teaching Swimming’ stages 1-7.
Angela is a Level 2 Coach and a Level 2 Teacher, she holds many other qualifications and certificates including:
- Level 1 coaching in Water Polo
- Level 2 in ‘Fitness instructing in the context of water based exercise’
- Adult and Baby
- Mentoring Sports Coaches
- Teaching Children with Educational Difficulties
- Teaching Disabled Swimmers
- Child Protection with NSPCC
Angela will be working towards gaining a Level 3 Coaching qualification to further her personal coaching development in the very near future.
Angela’s focus for the Skills Squads are:
- Skill development and stroke technique
- Transition to breakouts on all strokes
- An introduction to turns and dives
- Aerobic work to enable the swimmers to move through the programme effectively
Angela is a little bit of a outdoors girl at heart, enjoying walking, surfing, sea swimming and most importantly the beach!